Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Leek,Sweetcorn and Smoked Haddock Chowder
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Wholesome, hearty soup. Fresh herbs are better if you have them.
- a large knob of butter
- 1 medium leek roughly chopped
- 1 heaped teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 small can sweetcorn drained
- 2 new potatoes each cut into 8 pieces
- 150g Smoked Haddock skinned and boned
- enough milk to cover the fish
- 3 bay leaves
- a few black peppercorns
- a heaped teaspoon dried parsley
- Maldon sea salt to taste
- STEP 1In a large pan, melt the butter, add the leeks and thyme. Cover with a circle of grease-proof paper big enough to tuck in down around the leeks. Put the lid on and cook for 10 mins.
- STEP 2Then add the sweetcorn and the potatoes. Replace the paper and lid. Cook for a further 10 mins. Meanwhile, place the smoked haddock in a shallow pan pour in the milk to cover, add the bay leaves and a sprinkling of peppercorns. Bring to a simmer for about 6-8 mins. Do not overcook fish switch it off and leave in pan.
- STEP 3Remove the paper from the large pan and discard, also remove the peppercorns and bay-leaf from the shallow pan. Ladle in milk from the fish, add the parsley, bring to a simmer, season to taste. Serve, adding the fish on top if each to finish.