- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Plus cooling for iced tea
- Makes Glasses
A perfect way to get rid of those nettles on a cold day as a warming drink or on a hot day as cool iced tea.
- 1 cup of nettles
- 4 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of sugar or honey (optional)
- STEP 1Find some nettles and cut of the leaves with as little stem as possible (the older looking nettles are sweeter). Fill up a cup full and wash them thoroughly in warm water. Put the nettles in a large saucepan with 4 cups of water and add the sugar or honey.
- STEP 2Put the pan on the hob and bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 minutes. Taste the tea and add any more sugar if needed. Serve in mugs with a nettle for decoration.
- STEP 3(For the iced-tea) Put the tea on the side for 30 minutes then transfer to the fridge for 2 hours. Serve with ice and a nettle for decoration.