Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes About 24
These cheesy straws are great for party's or a snack.
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp canye pepper
- 150g diced unsalted butter
- 125g of any cheese finely grated
- 50g Parmesan
- 2 tbs poppy seeds
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 200c/180c/gas 6. Grease two baking trays. Put the flour and canye pepper into a large bowl then add the butter. Rub in the butter with your hands, gently pressing with your fingertips.
- STEP 2Add the 12g of cheese, the Parmesan and poppy seeds. Mix until dough starts to form. Knead on the surface to combine. Flatten into the pans and cover with cling film for 30 minuets.
- STEP 3Take out of the pans and roll into a rectangle. Then cut into thin slices and rearrange onto a pan. Leaving a small space between each of them. Scatter remaining cheese on and cook for 10-12 mins. cool before serving