Smoked salmon and cream cheese bites
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 bread cases
- 6 or 12 slices brown bread (depending on size of slice)
- olive oil
- 6 thin slices of smoked salmon (alternative 150g cooked baby prawns)
- 50g cream cheese
- 2-3 tbsp plain yoghurt
- 2-3 tsp horseradish sauce
- small handful of chopped fresh parsley
- squeeze of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- STEP 1Flatten each slice of bread with a rolling pin, and cut out circles using a 5cm round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles. Lightly brush both sides of each circle with olive oil and carefully press each circle into a cup of a mini-muffin pan. Bake in an oven at 180 celsius for about 12 mins until light golden and crisp. Cool on a rack. These can be made up to 1-2 days ahead and stored in an airtight container.
- STEP 2Coarsley chop 6 thin slices of smoked salmon. If you don't like smoked salmon, you can substitute with 150g cooked baby prawns coarsley chopped. Mix with the cream cheese, plain yoghurt, horseradish sauce, chopped parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Taste. Add more of other ingredients as necessary to suite taste. Chill.
- STEP 3Spoon into bread cases and serve. Alternatively you can serve with crackers.