Easy Vegetarian Enchiladas
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This is a healthy, tasty way to squeeze a load of vegetables into your meal. It's perfect for an easy weeknight meal, and chicken can easily be added for meat-lovers.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red pepper, seeded & finely chopped
- 1 courgette, finely chopped
- 1 broccoli, florets and stalk chopped into bitesize pieces
- 50g burrito spice mix (bought or made yourself)
- 125ml medium tomato salsa
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely chopped
- 425g can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 120g corn kernels
- 6 tortilla wraps
- 60g grated cheddar
- 60g sour cream
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a deep flameproof frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook until onion softens. Add the pepper, courgette & broccoli and cook until they soften.
- STEP 2Add the spice mix and stir for 1 min or until fragrant. Stir in the tomato salsa, chopped tomato and 250ml water, bring to the boil then add the beans and sweetcorn. Reduce and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5-7 mins or until mixture thickens slightly.
- STEP 3Preheat grill on high. You can either coarsely tear tortillas into pieces and arrange over bean mixture. Spray with olive oil and sprinkle with cheddar. Cook under grill for 2-3 mins or until tortillas are lightly browned and crisp. Serve in a bowl using the crispy tortillas to dip into the vegetable mix. Top with dollops of sour cream & sprinkle with coriander. Alternative Serving Suggestion You can make individual enchilada wraps (if you have the time) by spooning some of the mixture along the middle of a wrap, wrapping tightly, then placing seam side down in a lightly oiled pan. With this option, spoon some of the remaining sauce from the pan over the top of the wrapped enchiladas & sprinkle with cheese then grill for 5 mins or until cheese is golden.