Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Easy Butternut Squash Slow Cooker Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
A very simple Curry that is tasty and filling, using autumnal veg. For variation, throw in some chic peas for added texture and/or red wine for an even more meaty taste. Serves 6-8.
- 1 Butternut squash, diced
- 1 small Red Onion, finely chopped.
- 1 small Red Chilli, deseeded and finely chopped.
- 100g ready to cook Red Lentils
- 2 Stock Cubes
- Cup of water
- 3 tbs Curry Paste
- Individual pot of low fat/fat free Greek Yogurt
- 800g Chopped Tomatoes
- STEP 1Throw all the ingredients (except the yogurt) into the Slow Cooker.
- STEP 2Cook on High for 1 hour, then turn down to Low for the remaining 4 hours.
- STEP 3Check it half way through, give it a quick stir and add more water if necessary, to prevent the lentils sticking to the sides of the
- STEP 4Stir in the greek yogurt at the end.
- STEP 5Serve with rice. This dish also freezes well so you can divide into batches.