Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Scrumptious Spaghetti Bolognese
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
A nice and easy Italian dish that the whole family will enjoy.
- 1 medium Onion, Finely Chopped.
- 2 Cloves of Garlic, crushed
- 400g Beef Mince
- 1.2kg (3x400g tins/cartons) Chopped Tomatoes
- 1-2tsp Worcester Sauce
- 1-2tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Large Pinch of Mixed Herbs
- 1/2tsp Oregano
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 400ml Beef Stock
- 1 Heaped Tablespoon Tomato Purée
- Salt & Pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large carrot
- Spaghetti 50g per person
- STEP 1First thing to do is to get your onion and finely chop it. Once the onion is chopped, place a tablespoon of the oil in the pan and heat up. When the oil is hot place the onion in and sweat them off for 3-5 mins (make sure you turn the heat down to the lowest point so you don't burn the onion).
- STEP 2Next crush the Garlic (you can do this with a garlic crusher or a knife. you can add a small pinch of salt when crushing the garlic to help bring out the flavour). Then add the garlic to the onion. While you're sweating the onion, dice your carrot.
- STEP 3When the onion is sweated off add in the carrots and sweat them off for 2 mins. When the carrots have sweated off add in the mince and turn up the heat to brown off the meat (make sure you keep stirring the mince to prevent it from sticking to the bottom of the pan).
- STEP 4When the mince is browned off add the bay leaves, salt & pepper, mixed herbs and the oregano and stir in. Once the herbs and seasoning is in add the tomatoes, beef stock, tomato purée, balsamic vinegar and Worcester sauce and stir. (prepping the beef stock make sure you use boiled water from the kettle as this will reduce the time it takes the sauce to come to the boil).
- STEP 5When all ingredients are in turn the heat to full and bring to the boil. Once boiling turn the heat down to bring the sauce to simmer and cook for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- STEP 6When the Bolognese sauce is cooked turn off the heat and leave it to one side. Now that your sauce is ready it's time to do the Spaghetti. Get a large pan (preferably one with a large bottom) and put in a pinch of salt, plenty of hot water to submerge the spaghetti and a splash of olive oil (The oil helps prevent the pasta from sticking together) and bring the water to the boil. Now measure out the spaghetti by getting a small bunch in your hand that roughly weighs 50g and do the for how ever many people you're feeding (remember it's 50g per person) and place the pasta in the boiling water and cook for 10-12 mins or until al dente.
- STEP 7Once the pasta is cooked heat up the sauce, dish up and Bon Appétit.