One-Pan Salmon and Cherry Tomato Bake with Lemon and Parsley
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
An easy one-pan, mid-week baked salmon dish that tastes delicious with plain basmati rice or potatoes.
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- 200-250g Cherry or Baby Plum Tomatoes
- 1 Unwaxed Lemon
- Handful of Flat-Leaf Parsley (finely chopped)
- 30g Butter
- 1 tsp Paprika (or more, to taste)
- Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- STEP 1Turn oven on to 200 degrees C (Gas Mark 6).
- STEP 2In a large oven proof dish, add 1 tbsp of Olive Oil and spread all of the bottom of the dish. Lay the Salmon Fillets in the dish (they should be parallel to each other, but not touching each other).
- STEP 3Place the washed Cherry (or Baby Plum) Tomatoes in the same dish, around and in between the salmon fillets.
- STEP 4Season the salmon fillets and tomatoes with a generous amount of salt and pepper; sprinkle 1 tsp of Paprika all over the salmon and tomatoes; and finally, sprinkle the chopped parsley all over the salmon fillets (if you still have some left, sprinkle over the tomatoes).
- STEP 5Cut the butter into 4 even pieces. Slice the two end of the lemon off, then slice the rest of the lemon into 4 slices. Top each salmon fillet with one piece of butter, then one slice of lemon.
- STEP 6Take a large sheet of aluminium foil (large enough to cover the whole dish). Cover the dish with foil, scrunching the sides as tightly as possible (the aim is not to allow any air to escape during the cooking process, so make sure the dish is as tightly covered with foil as possible).
- STEP 7Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. When ready, take out of the oven, remove the foil from the dish (take care not to get burnt by the escaping steam).
- STEP 8Serve the fish and tomatoes on a bed of steamed plain basmati rice, pouring any juices left in the pan on top.