Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Fennel and peas with vermouth
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
A great, fresh side dish to accompany Mediterranean mains.
- I bulb of fennel
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 100ml vermouth
- Lemon zest and juice to taste
- Olive oil
- Salt, white pepper, black pepper to taste
- STEP 1Sauté the fennel in olive oil with a touch of lemon zest and juice on a medium heat for four minutes.
- STEP 2Add the vermouth on a high enough heat and burn off the alcohol for a further two minutes.
- STEP 3Cover and cook for a further 3 minutes or when the fennel is al dente.
- STEP 4Add a cupful of frozen peas. Cook until the peas pop in the mouth.
- STEP 5Add white pepper plus a little salt and lemon juice to taste. Add black pepper to serve.