Dulce de leche brownies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Boiling time for Dulce de leche
- Makes Depend how big your portions are. Maybe 6-8.
Incredibly moist and sickly sweet. Definitely for someone who has more than one sweet tooth!
- 1 or 2 cans of Condensed milk (Depends how sweet you want it)
- 150g/5½oz dark chocolate
- 115g/4oz unsalted butter, cubed
- 25g/1oz cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 200g/7oz caster sugar
- 140g/5oz plain flour
- STEP 1To make the dulche de leche, fill a large saucepan with water and boil the tin of condensed milk for two and a half hours. Take care to ensure the water does not boil down. The can has to be covered with water at all times whilst boiling! Carefully remove the tin from the water and set aside to cool.
- STEP 2Preheat the oven to 175C/325F/Gas 3. Grease and line a 20cm/8in square cake tin or even a loaf tin. Any average size tin will do.
- STEP 3Place the chocolate and butter into a heatproof bowl and suspend it over a pan of simmering water. Once melted, remove the bowl from the heat and whisk in the cocoa powder, eggs and sugar before quickly folding in the flour. Tip: Have all the ingredients ready to go in when the chocolate comes off the heat. That means each in separate bowls waiting to go in and the eggs in a glass - premixed.
- STEP 4Fill a piping bag with the dulche de leche and have it ready to pipe on top of the first layer.
- STEP 5Pour half of the batter into the cake tin and pipe on your dulche de leche in whatever pattern you like and in what quantity you like.
- STEP 6Add the rest of the batter on top.
- STEP 7Place the cake into the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until cooked through. Test by pushing a skewer into the centre of the cake. If the skewer comes out clean, the cake is ready. Set aside to cool.
- STEP 8Once cooled cut into whatever shape you like...or eat it whole! I won't judge you.