Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Aubergine, white sweet potato and lentil curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Great veggie curry, healthy and wholesome. A combination of two of my favourite recipes from this site!
- 1 red onion
- 1 sweet potato, the white variety of you can get them
- Half an aubergine
- 150-200g of red lentils
- 2-3 tbsp curry paste of your choice
- Extra fresh chilli's if you like it hot
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Cream for taste - although I prefer without
- Rice, poppadoms and mango chutney to serve
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 inch fresh tumeric - grated
- Half an inch fresh ginger - grated
- STEP 1Chop and fry the onion until it's soft. Add the mustard seeds, tumeric, ginger and the chilli if you're using it. Fry for another few minutes. Add the curry paste.
- STEP 2Chop the peeled potato and the aubergine into small pieces. Add the vegetables and the lentils, mix, then add the stock. Add the bay leaf. Bring to the boil then simmer until the potato is soft.
- STEP 3Add more water/stock if it's getting to dry