- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 muffins
Light, fluffy and easy to make.
- 225g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 250g mashed bananas
- 85g plain chocolate chips (optional)
- STEP 1Place flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips (optional) into a large bowl. Mix thoroughly and make a well in the centre.
- STEP 2Beat the egg, oil, milk and bananas together. Pour mixture into the flour well. Stir only to moisten. Batter will be lumpy. Fill a greased or lined 12-hole muffin tin 3/4 full.
- STEP 3Bake at 200 C / Gas 6 for 20 to 25 minutes.