Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Creamy red pasta sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This is a delicious and moderately spicy red pasta sauce and can be made with either prawn, chicken, mushroom or fish.
- 3-4 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- approx. 20 raw, shelled, de-veined king prawns
- 6-8 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small to medium, finely chopped Onion
- 3-4 medium to big red tomatoes, chopped
- Small pack fresh corriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp dried italian seasoning
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Crushed pepper
- 100 ml Fresh cream
- 150 ml milk (1 small cup)
- STEP 1Boil the pasta following pack instructions and drain.
- STEP 2Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the prawns (or small cubed chicken/fish, or halved mushroom, whatever you choose to use) and fry on a low-medium heat to cook slightly on all sides until light pink. Do not overcook or they will become tough. Remove from pan when done.
- STEP 3Add the finely chopped onion and garlic to the same pan, and fry on medium to high heat until transparent. Add the chopped tomatoes and a pinch of salt and cover for a couple of minutes. Remove cover and stir, mashing the tomatoes slightly in the process. Fry until the water dries off. Add the Italian seasoning, pepper and then the cream and milk. When it starts to simmer, add the prawns. Add the chopped coriander and continue to simmer until desired consistency is reached. Add salt to taste.
- STEP 4Add the past to the sauce, toss and serve. Or add the sauce to the pasta on a dish and serve.