Chicken in creamy mustard sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This is a delicious chicken recipe in a creamy sauce with a dash of mustard to hit the spot.
- 4-6 tbsp olive oil
- 8-10 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 tbsp crushed pepper
- 200 gm cream cheese
- 150 ml milk
- 500 gm chicken (with or without bones), skinned
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp white mustard powder
- 1 tbsp dried italian seasoning
- Salt to taste
- STEP 1Mix the chicken with smashed garlic, salt and 1/2 tbsp pepper. Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan and fry the chicken on low heat, turning occasionally, with cover on. Cook tenderly on all sides. Do not overcook or brown the chicken.
- STEP 2Meanwhile, beat the cream cheese and gently mix in the milk, the seasoning, remaining pepper and mustard powder. Add to the pan when the chicken is done on all sides. Cover and simmer on low heat until chicken is soft and completely cooked. If it becomes too dry before chicken is completely cooked, add more milk. Once cooked, remove the cover and simmer until desired consistency is reached. Add salt to taste.
- STEP 3Can be served with bread and/or boiled veggies.