Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Makki ka Dhokla
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
Makki ka dhokla or corn meal dhokla is one of the delicious winter recipe of Rajasthan. Shape of these dhokla can be cooked in square, round or as like vadas. Taste of Makki ka dhokla is best with tadka dal and Hari chutney. You can also serve Rajasthani Makki ke Dhokle Recipe with hung curd and Panchmel dal
- Makke ka atta (Corn meal) – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Lemon juice – 2 to 3 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds ( Til ) – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) – ½ tsp
- Cummins seeds powder (Jeera Powder) – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Oil – one tbsp
- Ginger- garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) – 2 pinch
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- STEP 1To prepare Makki ke Dhokle Recipe,Mix makki ka atta with all the mentioned spices, sesame seeds, coriander leaves, lemon juice, oil, salt,baking soda and make a dry crumble mix.
- STEP 2Add water to knead to a soft dough.Use oil to grease hands while kneading to avoid dough sticking to the palm. Take a part of dough and make Pinch a ball and flatten to make a disk. Pierce your index finger in the center to make a hole. Shape the dhoklas into a ring.
- STEP 3Heat water in a steamer or dhokla/idli maker and grease the plate. Place the dhokla rings on the plate and steam for 20-25 mins or till the tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Serve Rajasthani Makki ke Dhokle Recipe with hung curd and Panchmel dal.