Makki ka Dhokla
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 5
- Makke ka atta (Corn meal) – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp (chopped)
- Lemon juice – 2 to 3 tsp
- Red chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Sesame seeds ( Til ) – 1 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Turmeric powder (Haldi) – ½ tsp
- Cummins seeds powder (Jeera Powder) – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Oil – one tbsp
- Ginger- garlic paste – 2 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) – 2 pinch
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- STEP 1To prepare Makki ke Dhokle Recipe,Mix makki ka atta with all the mentioned spices, sesame seeds, coriander leaves, lemon juice, oil, salt,baking soda and make a dry crumble mix.
- STEP 2Add water to knead to a soft dough.Use oil to grease hands while kneading to avoid dough sticking to the palm. Take a part of dough and make Pinch a ball and flatten to make a disk. Pierce your index finger in the center to make a hole. Shape the dhoklas into a ring.
- STEP 3Heat water in a steamer or dhokla/idli maker and grease the plate. Place the dhokla rings on the plate and steam for 20-25 mins or till the tooth pick inserted comes out clean. Serve Rajasthani Makki ke Dhokle Recipe with hung curd and Panchmel dal.