- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Fresh Mushroom Soup
- 25g Dried Porchini
- 2 Finely sliced Garlic cloves
- 1 onion peeled and chopped finely
- 1 handful of thyme leaves
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 ltr Chicken or Veg Stock
- 250g Mushrooms
- 4 slices smoky streaky bacon or good chorizo chopped
- 200g New or Baby Potatos peeled and chopped into 1-1.5 inch peices
- Olive Oil
- STEP 1Hydrate Porcini by covering in hot water for 20 mins
- STEP 2With a few glugs of olive oil in a pan slowly saute the onions and garlic until translucent.
- STEP 3Add half chopped Bacon/Chorizio and over a medium heat cook for 3-4 mins until bacon is on the verge of crispy.
- STEP 4Add the Potaoes and cook for 2 mins
- STEP 5Seive the porcini liqueur in the pan along with the stock and seasoning. Bring to boil, then simmer for 10 mins.
- STEP 6Whilst the broth is cooking heat olive oil in a pan and add the sliced mushrooms and Porcini( half chopped) and saute until all the water has evaporated.
- STEP 7Add Mushroom mixture to broth and gently simmer for 20 mins.
- STEP 8Fry the rest of the bacon until crispy and drain on kitchen towel.
- STEP 9Serve the soup Hot with bacon sprinkled on top