Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Bolognese
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Cooking time: high for 3-4 hours.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 carrot, chopped
- 1/2 celery stick, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 225g minced beef
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- A spaghetti serving
- STEP 1Pre-heat the slow cooker on high.
- STEP 2Heat the oil in a large frying pan, and fry the onion, carrot, celery and garlic until transparent.
- STEP 3Add the meat and fry, stirring well, until it is browned and well broken up.
- STEP 4Stir in the tomatoes, bay leaf and oregano and season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to the slow cooker.
- STEP 5Cook on high for 3-4 hours.
- STEP 6When almost ready to serve, bring a pan of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti. Drain well.
- STEP 7Remove the bay leaf from the bolognese sauce, and serve with the spaghetti.