Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Slow Cooker Potato and Sausage Casserole
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Cooking time: 3-4 hours. 50g carbohydrates. 720 kcal.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 sausages
- 2 bacon rashers, chopped
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp sage
- 150ml vegetable stock
- STEP 1Heat the oil in a frying pan. Gently fry the sausages for about 5 minutes, turning frequently until golden but not cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside. Tip away all but 2 tsp of fat from the pan.
- STEP 2Add the bacon and fry for 2 minutes. Add the onion and fry for 8 minutes, stirring frequently until golden. Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute, then turn off the heat.
- STEP 3Arrange half the potato slices in the base of the cooking pot. Spoon the bacon and onion mixture on top. Season well with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with the sage. Cover with the remaining potato slices.
- STEP 4Pour the stock over the potatoes and top with the sausages. Cover with the lid and cook on high for 3-4 hours; or til the potatoes are tender and the sausages are cooked through.