Beef in Red Wine (Slow Cooker)
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
- 1 tbsp oil
- 8g Butter
- 75g streaky bacon, rinded and chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 333g stewing beef, cubed
- 1 tbsp / 10 ml plain flour
- 100ml red wine
- 1 bay leave
- 4 shallots / small onions
- Salt and Pepper
- STEP 1Pre-heat the slow cooker on high.
- STEP 2Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan, and fry the bacon and garlic gently for 2-3 minutes.
- STEP 3Add the beef and stir over a low heat until lightly browned on all sides.
- STEP 4Stir in the flour, then slowly add the red wine, stirring until well blended. Add the bay leave, onions and seasoning. Bring to the boil, then transfer to the slow cooker.
- STEP 5Cook on low for 7-10 hours.
- STEP 6Discard the bay leave and season to taste.