Member recipe by Pablohoney
ServingsServes 1 - 4 Batches
I've started making and freezing this to make the most of the carcass - waste not want not!
- 1 Chicken carcass
- 2 Red onions
- 2 Carrots
- 1 Leek
- Half celery heart
- Half garlic bulb
- Small handful of peppercorns
- Bunch fresh lemon thyme
- 2 Bay Leaves
- Cover the carcass with cold water and bring to the boil, skimming froth, fat and sediment periodically. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the vegetables, roughly chopped.
- Crush the herbs and spices, then add.
- Mix well so that all ingredients are submerged. Skim again as necessary. Leave to simmer for 60 - 90 minutes.
- Strain and cool. Refrigerate for 2 - 3 days, or freeze for 1 month.