Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Crispy beer batter
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 10
The easiest foolproof beer batter recipe
- 1 cup Self raising flour
- 125 ml Beer
- 125 ml Mineral/sparkling water
- 1/2tsp Salt
- 600ml Oil
- STEP 11 cup s/r flour mix with 1/2tsp salt
- STEP 2Add 125 ml beer and 125ml mineral water. Can add only beer - 250 ml.
- STEP 3Whisk until there are no lumps
- STEP 4If too runny, add more flour. If too thick, add more liquid.
- STEP 5Heat the oil in the wok or deep pan until 200C. Throw a bread crust to check, the oil is hot enough when the bread turns golden in 10 sec.
- STEP 6Once the oil is hot, deep your fish/veggies into the batter, remove access of the batter on the edge of the bowl and gently immerse in the oil (away from yourself). Repeat with up to 4 pieces at a time. Make sure to let the oil get hot again between the batches.