Dosa : A traditional South Indian breakfast!
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Dosa is delicious breakfast which is common in south India. It is similar to a pancake. Here we include an additional ingredient Moringa oleifera, the super food which is packed with nutrients. So try this healthy recipe and give the feed back.
- 100 gms dry Moringa Leaf or Powder
- 200 gms white rice
- 50 gms urad dal (Vigna mungo, black gram, urad bean, mungo bean)
- 20 gms sugar
- 50 ml Ghee
- Salt to taste
- STEP 1Wash and soak urad dal and white rice in water for 3 hours.
- STEP 2Grind it into a fine paste. Add sugar and salt.
- STEP 3Soak dry Moringa Leaf in water for half an hour and make a paste out of it. If using powder, make a paste directly. Mix the paste with the batter. Add water if required and make the batter fine in consistency.
- STEP 4Heat a Tawa. Pour a ladleful of batter and rotate in a circular motion to make fine crepes. Sprinkle ghee on top. When dosa turns crispy and golden brown roll it up and serves with chutney and other accompaniments.