Haggis, neeps & tatties croquettes with whisky sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12
A unique taste on using up leftovers from this Scottish classic
- 1x 454g MacSween's haggis (you can use vegetarian haggis also), cooked
- 1x medium turnip, boiled
- 400g mashed potato
- 2x eggs, beaten
- 1x pack of breadcrumbs
- 6 tbsp plain flour
- 5mls whisky
- 284mls double cream
- Salt and pepper
- STEP 11) Mix the cold haggis, turnip and potato together. Taste and season accordingly. Take a small handful of the mix and roughly form into a croquette shape.
- STEP 22) Drop it into the flour, turning to coat. Then drop into the egg mix to cover and then into the breadcrumbs. Roll in the crumb until coated. Repeat until your mix is all used up.
- STEP 33) Pre-heat a deep fryer to 170C. Drop the croquettes in for 2 1/2 mins until golden.
- STEP 44) For the whisky sauce, pour the whisky into a semi-hot pan and allow to reduce for 1 min. Whisk in the cream until sauce is warm enough to serve. Season with salt and pepper.