Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 4 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp sunflower or vegetable oil
- 40g Butter
- 2 Onions
- 4 tsp ginger paste
- 4 tsp garlic paste
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp mild chilli powder
- 2 Tbsp Mango Chutney or 2 tsp caster sugar
- 300ml chicken stock
- 150ml Double Cream
- Coriander to garnish (optional)
- Basmati Rice
- Flaked Almonds (optional)
- STEP 1Cut up the chicken into chunks and season with black pepper. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil into a frying pan and fry the chicken for around 5 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- STEP 2With the pan back on the heat add the rest of the oil, butter and onions and soften for 10 minutes until golden brown. Stir in the ginger, garlic and ground spices and cook for 1 minute.
- STEP 3Add the mango chutney or caster sugar with the stock to the onions and cook for around 5 minutes.
- STEP 4Put the chicken back in the pan and add the cream. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked. You can add a splash of water to loosen the sauce if required.
- STEP 5Serve with rice and anything else you like and garnish with fresh coriander and almond flakes.