Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 12 Meat Balls
Yummy homemade meatballs in a tomato sauce .
- 225 grams of minced beef
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- Fresh thyme to garnish
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons of grated, fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of red wine
- 2 teaspoons of chopped fresh rosemary
- A pinch of sugar
- Salt and black pepper
- STEP 1mix together the minced beef ,the spring onions, garlic, Parmesan and thyme and plenty of salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Mix well to combine all ingredients, then shape the mixture into a dozen firms meatballs. Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy frying pan and cook the meatballs for about 5 minutes, turning often to ensure meatballs are evenly browned all over. Add the chopped tomatoes, wine, rosemary and sugar to the panto gether with salt and black pepper to taste. Cover the pan and cook gently for about 15 minutes until the tomatoes are pulpy and the meatballs are cooked through. Add seasoning to taste and serve the meatballs hot. Serve with fresh bread to soak up lovely tomato sauce.