Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Slow Cooker Spicy Madras Sauce
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
This is a Indian curry spicy sauce with lots of vegetables added.
- 6 Sprays of Olive Oil
- 2 Large Onion
- 15g Garlic Powder
- 2 Large Red Chillies
- 15g Ginger Powder
- 45g Garam Massala
- 30g Cayenne Pepper
- 15g Ground Cumin
- 15g Ground Coriander
- 15g Ground Tumeric
- 250g Tomato Puree
- 200ml Chicken Stock
- 500g Passata
- STEP 1Heat a frying pan on a medium heat, add the sprays of oil and fry onion until it is brown. Reduce the heat.
- STEP 2Add the garlic powder, red chillies and ginger powder and fry for one minute.
- STEP 3Then add the garam massala, cayenne pepper, cumin, coriander and turmeric and fry for a further 3 minutes. Keep stirring.
- STEP 4Spoon the mix into the slow cooker.
- STEP 5Add the puree, stock and passata. Also add any vegetables that you fancy. I usually add mushrooms, peppers and green beans.
- STEP 6Serve with chicken, beef or pork.