Member recipe by mrvisser76
- 300 g Basmati rice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (or any vegetable oil)
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- fresh ginger root (about 4 inches)
- 3 tbsp Biryani curry paste
- 300 g peas
- 500 g cod fillets
- 600 ml Chicken stock (or fish stock)
- 200 ml Coconut cream
- 250 g prawns
- 2 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- a few sprigs of fresh coriander, chopped
- Wash the rice in several changes of water and leave to soak for 30 minutes in cold water.
- Slice the onion in thick rings. Chop the garlic and ginger. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil and add cumin seeds, onions, garlic and ginger. Fry until golden. Remove from the pan and keep aside.
- In the same pot, heat the other tablespoon of oil over medium flame. Stir fry the drained rice for 1 minute. Add the cod fillets, peas and biryani paste. Season with salt.
- Pour in the stock and coconut cream and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in the prawns and simmer for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the onions, eggs and some of the coriander. Stir lightly with a fork to combine all the ingredients.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave to stand for 15 minutes. This will allow the rice to absorb all the flavours. Serve into bowls and garnish with the remaining fresh coriander.