Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Grilled halloumi peppers with Greek honey dressing
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
Try this Greek-inspired and deliciously healthy dish, with our grilled halloumi stuffed peppers recipe. Beautifully seasoned with a honey dressing.
- 100g (4oz) couscous
- 300ml (1/2 pint) hot vegetable stock
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium courgette, finely chopped
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large red peppers, halved and deseeded
- 2 large yellow peppers, halved and deseeded
- 250g (9oz) pack Halloumi cheese, sliced
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- 2 tbsp Rowse Greek honey
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- STEP 11. Put the couscous into a bowl and add the hot vegetable stock. Leave it to soak and swell for about 10 minutes.
- STEP 22. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a frying pan and gently fry the spring onions and courgette for 6-8 minutes until soft and golden. Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 1 minute, then remove from the heat.
- STEP 33. Fluff up the couscous with a fork and add the spring onion mixture. Season.
- STEP 44. Preheat the grill. Arrange the pepper halves under the grill, cut sides down. Grill them for 4-5 minutes until just beginning to char slightly. Turn them over and fill them with the couscous mixture, then top them with slices of Halloumi cheese. Grill for another 4-5 minutes, until the cheese browns.
- STEP 55. Meanwhile, make the dressing by mixing together the honey, olive oil, vinegar, mustard, thyme leaves and seasoning.
- STEP 66. Serve the peppers with the salad leaves, spooning the dressing over them.
- STEP 7Tips: Halloumi cheese must be cooked to bring out its flavour – it can be grilled, dry-fried in a non-stick frying pan or cooked in a char-grill pan.