Vegan Sweet Potato Satay Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic gloves, crushed (or finely chopped if you don’t have a garlic crusher!)
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped into little matchsticks.
- 3 tablespoons of thai red curry paste (I sometimes make my own – see my aubergine curry recipe here but for this I used shop bought Thai Taste red curry paste)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (I used Meridian Coconut & Peanut Butter)
- 4 large sweet potatoes (mine weight about 650g in total) peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 200ml of water
- 125g spinach
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Rice or whatever you fancy to serve plus flaked almonds to garnish
- STEP 1In a large saucepan, melt the coconut oil and cook the onions over a medium heat until soft.
- STEP 2Stir in the garlic, ginger, curry paste, peanut butter, coconut milk and water.
- STEP 3Add the sweet potatoes and bring to the boil.
- STEP 4Turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are soft and the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- STEP 5Add the spinach and str until wilted.
- STEP 6Add the lemon juice and you’re ready to serve.
- STEP 7I served mine with basmati rice and sprinkled with a few flaked almonds for extra crunch. This serves 4 and I can honestly say the leftovers were just as good, if not better, re-heated the next day!