Vegan Sweet Potato Satay Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
If you’re looking for a Meat Free Monday recipe that’s easy to make and absolutely delicious then this is the recipe for you! It’s completely gluten free, dairy free and vegan so should suit most dietary requirements and will definitely make your mouth water! I know there are a few fellow instagrammers eagerly awaiting this recipe, so here it is…. enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 garlic gloves, crushed (or finely chopped if you don’t have a garlic crusher!)
- 2 inch piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped into little matchsticks.
- 3 tablespoons of thai red curry paste (I sometimes make my own – see my aubergine curry recipe here but for this I used shop bought Thai Taste red curry paste)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (I used Meridian Coconut & Peanut Butter)
- 4 large sweet potatoes (mine weight about 650g in total) peeled and cut into bite sized chunks
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 200ml of water
- 125g spinach
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Rice or whatever you fancy to serve plus flaked almonds to garnish
- STEP 1In a large saucepan, melt the coconut oil and cook the onions over a medium heat until soft.
- STEP 2Stir in the garlic, ginger, curry paste, peanut butter, coconut milk and water.
- STEP 3Add the sweet potatoes and bring to the boil.
- STEP 4Turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potatoes are soft and the sauce has reduced and thickened.
- STEP 5Add the spinach and str until wilted.
- STEP 6Add the lemon juice and you’re ready to serve.
- STEP 7I served mine with basmati rice and sprinkled with a few flaked almonds for extra crunch. This serves 4 and I can honestly say the leftovers were just as good, if not better, re-heated the next day!