Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Low calorie tasty spag bol! Calorie 391 cal Fat 9.9g Saturated fat 2.7g Protein 22.6g Carbohydrate 46.3g
- 1 ½ tbsp olive or canola oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 400g lean minced beef
- 1 kg tomatoes, chopped
- 125ml red wine
- 250ml water
- 350g spaghetti
- 3 tbsp finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Mixed-leaf salad with balsamic vinegar, to serve
- STEP 1Heat large saucepan over medium heat. Drizzle with oil, then add onion, garlic, carrot and celery. Stir for 5 mins, or until veg has softened. Add 1 tbsp water, to prevent sticking.
- STEP 2Increase heat to high, add beef and cook for 5 mins, or until browned. Stir constantly to prevent meat sticking.
- STEP 3Add tomatoes, wine and water. Bring to boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for about a 1 hour, until sauce has thickened.
- STEP 4Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in large saucepan of boiling water for 10 mins, or until al dente. Drain. Stir parsley through sauce, season with salt and ground pepper, and serve over pasta with mixed-leaf salad.