gooey chocolate brownies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 16 brownies
This recipe creates the finest, most irresistible treats sure to score you brownie points.
- 100g Cadbury Bournville chocolate
- 175g unsalted butter
- 3 medium eggs
- 75g plain flour
- 40g Cadbury Bournville cocoa powder
- 250g light brown sugar or muscovado sugar
- 1tbsn golden syrup
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees/gas 4. In a small saucepan, half-fill it with boiling water and place on the hob under medium heat. Place the unsalted butter and the chocolate (broken into small pieces) into a bowl and put this on top of the saucepan to allow it to melt. Continue to stir with a table knife. Once melted, take the bowl off of the saucepan to let it cool down.
- STEP 2In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and the sugar together until a much bigger frothy mixuture appears, which usually takes about 2-3 minutes. Pour the bowl with the melted contents into this larger bowl and mix using a wooden spoon.
- STEP 3In the same bowl, sieve in the plain flour and cocoa powder. Slowly fold these in to create a thick, chocolatey brown mixture. Add a tablespoon of golden syrup to enhance the richness of the flavour.
- STEP 4Pour the mixture into a 7/8inch square cake tin, and place in the oven for 25 minutes, or until the crust on top is easily breakable and the contents inside are soft but not runny. Allow to cool, then serve and enjoy!