Member recipe by Oli Wilson-Nunn
- 1kg Salad/New Potatoes, cut in 2cm cubes
- 2tsp Turmeric divided
- Water for boiling
- 1 1/3 tbsp vegetable/sunflower
- 1 1/2 green chilis, finely sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 medium white onions, chopped
- 2tsp Garam Masala
- 2tsp Black Mustard Seeds
- 2tsp Ground coriander
- 2tsp Fennel Seeds
- 3tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Fresh or tinned tomatoes (optional)
- Boil the potatoes in the water with half the turmeric until you can brake one easily with a fork. Drain well.
- Add the oil to the wok, and get the wok really hot. When really hot and chili and cook for 30 seconds until brown.
- Add the garlic, the onions, Garam Masala,Ground coriander, Fennel seeds, the rest of the turmeric and Black Mustard Seeds, and cook until the onions go slightly tender.
- Now add the potatoes and cook for a further 7 minutes on a medium low heat. If using tomato, add it at this point
- Add Lemon juice, fresh coriander and salt and pepper to taste, and serve with rice or Naan.Top with leftover fresh coriander.