- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 6
Tasty dessert with rich coffee aroma, thin crust and tender crumb.
- 100g butter, softened
- 150 g brown sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 100 g flour
- 250-300 ml cream 15-20% or half to half
- 2 tbsp strong coffee
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp alkalized cocoa
- STEP 1In a bowl, whisk the butter and 100 g of the sugar until fluffy. Beat in the egg. Pour coffee and mix thoroughly. Sift the flour with salt and baking powder and fold into the mixture. The dough should be very thick. Add a little of the cream to give a dropping consistency. It took me about 150 ml cream.
- STEP 2Pour batter into a greased ovenproof dish 27x18cm/21x21cm; gently flatten the surface with a spatula. Mix the cream with the remaining 50 grams of sugar and pour over the pudding. Don’t be afraid! The cream and the sugar mixture will drain to the bottom of the dish.
- STEP 3Immediately send the pudding in a preheated 170°C/150°C fan/gas 3-4 oven and bake for 55-60 minutes until spongy to the touch. If you have a hard bake oven, it is best to turn down the temperature to 165-160°C in order to prevent the “escape” of the cream back to the top of pudding. Or instead of fudge "puddles" under the pudding, you will have fudge "edging" on the pudding.