Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Pistachio Olive Oil Cake
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
This is delicious, easy to make and tastes great either on its own or served warm with ice cream.
- 50g finely ground polenta
- 200g shelled pistachio nuts, chopped
- 50g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 100ml Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 100g butter
- 3 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 orange
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius (fan assisted) / Gas Mark 3; and grease an 9 inch (23 cm) spring form cake tin.
- STEP 2Put pistachios into a food processor and blend to a fine powder.
- STEP 3Melt butter gently in a pan and add to olive oil.
- STEP 4Whisk eggs and sugar until light and fluffy.
- STEP 5Slowly add the butter and oil mixture into the whisked egg mixture a little at a time with the whisk on a low speed until you have a thick emulsion.
- STEP 6Sift the flour, then whisk the dry ingredients (polenta, plain flour, baking powder and pistachios) into the egg mixture.
- STEP 7Add the juice and zest and fold into the mixture.
- STEP 8Add the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 50 minutes. Don't worry if the cake is slightly underdone in the middle - the cooling process will finish it off.
- STEP 9Rest in tin for 10 minutes then turn out and cool on a cake rack.
- STEP 10Dust with icing sugar then serve.