- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 small jam jar
A luscious orange curd, to be used for other desserts, fillings, or simply to eat by the spoonful!
- 2 large egg yolks
- Zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 75g caster sugar
- 20g cold butter
- STEP 1In a saucepan, add in the egg yolks and the caster sugar, then whisk till smooth and combined.
- STEP 2Zest and juice the orange, and add it to pot. Whisk till everything is combined.
- STEP 3Turn on the gas to a medium heat, and cook slowly whilst stirring with a wooden spoon until the curd is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon.
- STEP 4Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in your cold butter, one cube at a time, until you end up with a thick and smooth curd!
- STEP 5Leave to cool in the pot, then store in a sterilised glass jar up to a month.