Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Spicy Sweet Potato, Squash and Carrot Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 2-3 Servings
Delightfully spicy, deliciously warming.
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- Thumb size piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 red chilli
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Large handful coriander
- 1.5 litre vegetable stock
- 5 spring onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- Small handful cashews
- STEP 1Peel and chop the garlic, chop three spring onions and the coriander stems, dice half the chilli and add to a large pot. Add the curry powder and fry in one teaspoon oil for 2 minutes.
- STEP 2Add the sweet potato, squash and carrots and fry for a few more seconds before adding the stock. Boil for 15-20 minutes.
- STEP 3Put the cashews in a freezer bag and bash a few times with a rolling pin. Toast the crushed nuts in a dry frying pan over a low heat for approximately 3-4 minutes.
- STEP 4Chop the remaining spring onions, coriander leaves and spring onions.
- STEP 5When all the vegetables are completely softened, blend the soup together. Ladle into bowls and garnish with the crushed nuts, chilli, coriander and spring onions.