Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Fennel and cheddar cheese orzotto
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This is a cheat's version of a risotto, no need to stand over it stirring. Plus it's filling, tasty and three of your five a day (I think!)
- 1 large fennel
- 2 small carrots
- 1 red onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 200g Quark cheese (I used Golden Acre)
- 100g cheddar cheese
- 120g pearl barley (uncooked weight)
- STEP 1Place the barley in a pan that has a lid, cover with water, place the lid and leave to cook for at least thirty minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.
- STEP 2While the barley cooks chop the fennel, carrot and red onion, place in a dish in the oven at 180 degrees, for twenty minutes, checking after fifteen.
- STEP 3Once the barley is cooked, drain the water and place the pan back on a medium heat, immediately adding the quark and lemon juice, stir them together and add the cheddar. Keep stirring until the cheddar is melted then add the vegetables. And serve, garnished with some coriander if you like.