Chickpea and Chicken Curry
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
This chickpea and tomato based curry has a variety of spices which you can modify based on your preferences, chicken is easily added to this dish, but can also be left out. Usually served with a scoop of thick natural yoghurt to counterbalance the heat.
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 teaspoon of tumeric
- 0.5 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 0.5 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of fine table salt
- 200 grams of chickpeas
- 200 grams of chicken breast (optional)
- One tin of chopped tomatoes
- One tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 0% Greek yoghurt for serving (optional)
- STEP 1Add onion and garlic to hot oil and stir over a medium heat until soft.
- STEP 2Add chilli powder, salt, tumeric, ginger, and cumin. Stir over medium heat for 1 minute.
- STEP 3Add chicken, ensure the chicken is cooked and well coated in the spice mixture.
- STEP 4Add chickpeas and undrained tomatoes and let simmer over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes. (If tomato juices evaporate too quickly, add a little water)
- STEP 5Once done, divide the mixture into deep dishes or bowls and add a scoop of yoghurt if desired.