Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Crispy cottage cheese fritters
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 6 patties
These super healthy and fresh fritters make a delicious healthy lunch for one or a tasty starter shared amongst a few people.
- 300g fat free cottage cheese or ricotta
- 5 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Zest of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1tbs fresh chopped herbs (basil, parsley and thyme work best)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup spinach, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- STEP 1In a mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except the flour. Gradually add flour making sure the mixture doesn't become too dry, stopping when the mixture is still a bit sticky.
- STEP 2Place a large frying pan over a medium heat adding a glut of olive oil and a knob of butter if you wish. Spoon the mixture onto the pan in round disk and flatten with the back of the spoon. Turn when crispy and golden. Remove from the pan when both sides are crisped.
- STEP 3Serve hot straight from the pan and sprinkle with extra herbs and parmesan. *Note: You can add meat such as ham, chorizo or prosciutto if you want a heartier option.