Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
If you don't ever cook with crab, this recipe is a great place to start. It's super simple but packed with gorgeous fresh flavours.
- 100g 50/50 white and brown crab meat
- 300g bucatini pasta
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cavil nero
- 1 small red chilli
- 1 lemon
- STEP 1Put a large pot of water on the stove to boil. Place a large pan over a medium heat and heat half of the oil. Add the onion to the pan, stirring while cooking. When the onion begins to caramelise, add the garlic, chilli, tomatoes and cavolo nero. Cook until the tomatoes have gone soft, stirring regularly. Turn down to a low heat and add the crab, juice of the lemon, finely grated zest of the lemon and the remainder of the olive oil.
- STEP 2When the water has boiled, add a large pinch of salt and cook the pasta for around 10 minutes or until aldenté. Use tongs to add the pasta to the pan. Don't worry about adding a little pasta water to the pan as it will add to the sauce. Toss the pasta through the sauce making sure it's fully coated. Season to taste.
- STEP 3To serve, twist pasta onto bowls with tongs and sprinkle with fresh herbs and a drizzle of chilli oil.