Almond rye flake oat meal
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
- • Unsweetened vanilla almond milk: 4 cups
- • Rye flakes: ½ cup
- • Oats (steel cut): ½ cup
- • Honey: 4 tsps
- • Pure vanilla extract: ½ tsp
- • Toasted sliced almonds: ½ cup
- • Blueberries (divided): 2 cups
- STEP 1• Boil almond milk in a medium saucepan then stir in oats and rye flakes.
- STEP 2• Simmer over medium-low heat about 20 minutes or till it becomes tender and creamy. Stir occasionally.
- STEP 3• Turn off the heat then stir in almonds, vanilla extract, honey, and a cup of blueberries.
- STEP 4• Top the servings with the remaining blueberries.