Cinnamon Flapjack Blondies
- Preparation and cooking time
- Resting time in tine before cutting: 5 minutes.
- Makes 12
A delicious gluten free treat, perfect for elevenses and lunch boxes.
- 300g salted butter
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups plain gluten-free flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown soft sugar
- 1 cup rolled oats (ensure these are gluten free)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup sultanas or raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- STEP 1Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the oats, sugars, cinnamon and raisins.
- STEP 2Melt the butter, vanilla and golden syrup gently in a saucepan. Once melted, add the bicarb until it foams.
- STEP 3Mix the butter mixture in with the dry ingredients, press into a lined swiss roll sized tin (or a similar sized tin, with a shallow depth) , and bake for 15 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
- STEP 4Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, before cutting into your desired size of squares, and then letting cool in the tin further.