Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Flank Steak Marinade
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 2
Easy grilled flank steak with a delicious marinade
- 1 and 1/2 pounds flanke steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil separated
- 1 + 1/2 cloves minced garlic separated
- 2 tablespoons cup red wine vinegar separated
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 and 1/2 cups flat leaf Italian parsley separated
- 1 and 1/2 cups cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne powder
- Salt and pepper
- STEP 1Place the flank steak in a large resealable bag.
- STEP 2In a bowl, combine 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 and 1/2 cloves minced garlic, 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped Italian parsley.
- STEP 3Whisk together and pour over the flank steak.
- STEP 4Seal and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour and preferably 6-8+ hours. Flip the steak in the bag halfway through the marinating time.
- STEP 5Preheat one part of your grill to high heat and the other to lower heat. (The hot area of the grill is hot enough when you can hold your hand over it for only a second)
- STEP 6Stir together 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seeds, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- STEP 7Remove the steak from the marinade, pat dry, and rub the herbs all over the steak.
- STEP 8Put the prepared steak on the hot area of the grill. Grill for 1-2 minutes on each side to get a nice sear.
- STEP 9Then move the steak to the lower heated side of the grill. Cover, and cook for a few more minutes or until the steak is at your desired temperature.
- STEP 10Remove steak and let rest on a cutting board (covered with foil) for 10 minutes.