Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Broccoli Cheddar Quiche
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
Perfect for any summer BBQ!
- 2 cups (300 g) broccoli, minced
- 3 cups (750 g) potato, frozen, shredded
- 1 ½ cups (150 g) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (150 g) broccoli, chopped
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons half & half
- STEP 1Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- STEP 2In a bowl, add broccoli, potatoes, 1 cup (100 g) cheddar, ½ teaspoon salt salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir to combine.
- STEP 3Grease a 9-inch (23 cm) nonstick tart pan with olive oil. Pour the broccoli mixture into the pan. Press evenly into the pan and the sides of the pan until firm using a measuring cup.
- STEP 4Bake for 45 minutes until the potatoes begin to brown.
- STEP 5In a bowl, mix together the eggs, broccoli, tomatoes, onion, remaining cheddar, half-and-half, and the rest of the salt and pepper.
- STEP 6Pour the egg mixture into the cooked crust. Bake for 25 minutes until eggs are firm.
- STEP 7Let cool, then serve.