Hazelnut and Thyme Crumbed Ocean Trout
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 8
Show stopper for entertaining!
- 1kg whole skinless ocean trout fillet, pin boned
- 1 and 1/2 tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch thyme, leaves picked
- 1/2 cup chervil leaves, plus extra to serve
- 100g hazelnut meal
- Juice of 1 lemon, plus extra lemon wedges to serve
- 2 tbs olive oil
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Grease a baking tray and line with baking paper.
- STEP 2Place trout on prepared tray and brush with mustard
- STEP 3Place thyme, chervil and hazelnut meal in a food processor and whiz until it resembles fine breadcrumbs, season, then press over flesh of fish until completely covered. Bake for 20 minutes or until fish is just cooked through.
- STEP 4To make the dressing, combine the lemon juice and olive oil and season to taste, Spoon dressing over fish and serve immediately with extra lemon wedges.