Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Gluten Free Vegan Soda Bread
- Preparation and cooking time
- Makes 1 small loaf
A small loaf that's ready in no time!
- 240ml dairy free milk (I used soya)
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 250g Gluten Free Bread flour (brown or white - I used Dove's Farm)
- 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 45g Gluten Free Oat flour (or blend oats till they resemble flour)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Handful of Gluten Free oats for decoration
- STEP 1Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- STEP 2In a small bowl or jug, mix together the milk and vinegar. Leave to curdle to form the 'buttermilk'.
- STEP 3In another bowl, mix together the flours, bicarb and salt. Make a well in the middle and pour in the wet ingredients.
- STEP 4Mix till just combined, the dough will be a little sticky. Place the dough on your lined baking tray and shape into a vague ball with floured hands. Sprinkle on the gluten free oats and make cross with a sharp knife.
- STEP 5Bake for 35 mins, until it sounds hollow when tapped on the base. Cool on a wire rack and best eaten on the day but any leftovers make delicious toast the next morning!