Carrot and Swede Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- blend time ( 5 mins )
- Serves 6
Carrot and Swede Soup yum with lots of salt and pepper
- 1 large swede, peeled and chopped
- 12 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 litre of vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- STEP 1Place a large saucepan on medium heat with two tablespoons of oil. Add the chopped onion and cook for about five minutes, or until soft, and then add the chopped garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- STEP 2Add the chopped swede and carrots and cook for ten minutes, making sure to stir frequently, to avoid the vegetables being burnt.
- STEP 3Add enough vegetable stock to cover the vegetables, and bring the liquid to the boil in the saucepan.
- STEP 4Once the soup is boiling, reduce the heat and cook for a further 30 minutes, or until the vegetables are nice and soft.
- STEP 5Once everything is cooked, blend the mixture either in a food processor or with a hand held blender – this will make the soup lovely and thick.
- STEP 6Finally, season to taste, making sure to add salt, pepper and any other spices you like.