Creamy Tomato Soup
- Preparation and cooking time
- Total time
- Serves 4
A gorgeous tomato soup for not alot of money
2 Tomatoes (1 for each person served)
- 1/2 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 Basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of cream
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of either olive or sunflower oil
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 250g of a pasta of your choice
- and just a splash of red wine
- STEP 1Blanche the tomatoes, peel them and halve.
- STEP 2Place them in a large saucepan with the water, oil and basil and heat gently.
- STEP 3After 5 or so minutes add in the garlic.
- STEP 4add in the carrot and turn up heat slightly
- STEP 5add in the wine and stir quickly.
- STEP 6wait util bubbling and add in the pasta and pepper
- STEP 7serve with thick bread and enjoy!!