Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
Oriental Chicken & Noodles
- Preparation and cooking time
- Serves 4
A chicken and noodles recipe revised from a Filipino recipe and using a wider range of oriental sauces. A very quick and easy make
- 490g Chicken Breast (Diced, small cubes)
- 5 tsp Oyster Sauce (add as needed for noodles)
- 5 tsp Hoisin Sauce (add as needed for noodles)
- 5 tsp Soy Sauce (add as needed for noodles)
- 5 tsp Sesame Oil (add as needed for noodles)
- 375g Rice Noodles
- Bacon Rashers (Optional)
- STEP 1Dice the chicken and bacon (if using, recommended) and put to one side for a moment whilst you fill up a large plastic bowl with warm water. Place the noodles in the water to sit as they soften, I usually leave for around 10-15 minutes. Once they feel softer they are ready to come out of the water.
- STEP 2Whilst the noodles are softening, begin heating a wok on high temperature and add all sauces as it is heating. You want to coat the bottom of the pan with the sauce before adding the chicken and bacon. Stir fry the chicken and bacon until all of the chicken has cooked and it has all become coated in the sauce, you're gunna be looking for a brown colour from the sauce.
- STEP 3Once the chicken and bacon are done, remove them from the pan and add them to a bowl. The meal is ready to be served however, if you prefer the noodles to have the flavour of the chicken (and I do). Add more sauce to the wok and quickly fry off little bits of the noodles at a time, just long enough so theyre coated in the sauce.
- STEP 4Mix all the final ingredients in to a serving dish and enjoy. This recipe can also be cooked with cabbage though I've never had the chance to try this due to the nature of my work