Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen.
- Preparation and cooking time
- 1 hour chill time
- Serves 8
Creamy cheesecake, can be varied by using a different base, such as ginger biscuits or chocolate chip cookies. Baileys and orange cheesecake-just add juice and optional zest of one orange and as much Baileys as you like! Orange Bailey's works really well with this, however it will take longer to set without gelatine. Lemon cheesecake, just add juice and zest of one lemon in the cream cheese mixture. Any fruit can be added to the top of the cheesecake and the cream cheese mixture flavoured with the juice.
- 100g digestive biscuits or cookies, crushed into crumbs
- 50 g Demerara sugar
- 50 g melted butter
- 500 g full fat cream cheese
- One vanilla pod sliced lengthways or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 200 mls double cream
- STEP 1In a mixing bowl mix biscuits and sugar. Add in melted butter and mix well
- STEP 2Spoon into 20 cm spring form cake tin lined with silicon paper or baking parchment. Use a metal spoon to press down. Chill in fridge to set.
- STEP 3In a mixing bowl, using a whisk or wooden spoon, beat together the cream cheese icing sugar and vanilla pod seeds or vanilla extract until well mixed.
- STEP 4Fold in the double cream, mixing well.
- STEP 5Spoon the mixture over chilled biscuit base, making sure there are no air bubbles, smoothing top with a knife.
- STEP 6Chill in fridge for about one hour.
- STEP 7When set, remove from fridge, take out of cake tin and put on a plate. Serve drizzled with orange juice and Bailey's.